Conditions of Business
The Title in any goods or services does not pass to the customer until monies are recovered in full. Nothing contained herein is designed to nor will it affect customer’s statutory rights. Vehicle Sales: Please refer to your order form and our standard trading conditions. Service Sales: Please refer to conditions below. Parts Sales: Please refer to conditions below and goods supplied of merchantable quality will not be accepted for credit unless returned within 7 days of issue, quoting the Invoice number overleaf. All new parts returned will be subjected to a handling charge. Goods correctly supplied to special order cannot be accepted for credit.
1.In these conditions the retailer (Station Garage) shall mean the Company authorised by the Skoda importer, VOLKSWAGEN Group United Kingdom t/a Skoda U.K. (“the Importer”)to be an authorised Skoda retailer by whom this form is used *the Customer * shall mean the person or body by or on whose behalf this form is signed on the reverse side hereof and * the manufacturer* shall mean Skoda Auto a.s Maida Boleslav, Czech Republic and subsidiaries thereof or its successors.
2. Where the retailer contracts to carry out any Skoda Standard Inspection Service or Diagnostic Operation by name the Retailer’s liability shall be limited to the performance of such work as may be prescribed from time to time by the manufacturer or the Importer for the United Kingdom as coming within the scope of such operation.
3. All contracts with the Retailers shall be valid and binding only if made in writing upon the Retailers Workshop Instructions Form and shall be subject to these conditions of business and no other. A contract shall exist when and only when the Retailers Workshop Instructions Form has been signed by or on behalf of the Customer No variation of any contract shall be valid unless agreed in writing and signed by or on behalf of the customer and the retailer.
4. The Retailer and its servants and agents are expressly authorised by the Customer to use the vehicle or vehicles referred to overleaf on the highway and elsewhere for all purposes in connection with the Inspection Service and Repair thereof.
5. All monies due to the Retailer in respect of Inspection Service or Repair operations carried out on the vehicle or vehicles referred to overleaf shall become payable when such operations are completed and the customer has been notified either overleaf or otherwise that the vehicle or vehicles are ready for collection. Unless otherwise agreed all payments to the Retailer shall be made before the vehicle or vehicles are released to the Customer.
6. The Customer acknowledges the Retailer to have a legal lien upon any vehicle or vehicles left with the Retailer for Service Inspection or Repair and upon the fittings or contents thereof for all monies due to the Retailer from the customer on any account.
7. Subject to the provisions of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and any amendment thereof vehicles and the components fittings and contents of vehicles are left with the Retailer entirely at the customers risk. The Retailer shall in no circumstances be liable for loss or damage thereto or for delay in completing service or repairs howsoever occasioned and whether by reason of any act or default of the Retailer its servants or otherwise.
8. If, after the date of any contract made subject to these conditions of business but before payment is made by the Customer the recommended list prices of the Manufacturer or its United Kingdom importer for any work carried out or parts supplied shall rise, then the contract price shall rise accordingly notwithstanding the terms of any estimate or quotation the Retailer may have given.
9. Except in so far as liability may be placed upon the Retailer by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 or in respect of a vehicle subject to the Manufacturer’s Warranty or a replacement component fitted to a vehicle in the course of service or repair and similarly or by law no conditions or warranties are given or implied as to the quality of goods or services supplied by the Retailer or their fitness for any particular purpose whether such purpose shall be known to the Retailer or not.The Retailer will however without prejudice to its rights here under correct all faults in Inspection Service or Repairs operations carried out by the Retailer and occurring by reason of the Retailer’s default or negligence and shown to be such to the Retailer’s reasonable satisfaction.
10. All agreements made between the Retailer and the Customer, or as provided by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 or similar enacted Legislation, Regulations and Directives are personal to the Customer who shall not assign his rights or liabilities under an agreement made subject to these conditions.
11. If in the Retailer’s reasonable opinion the operations ordered to be carried out by the Customer cannot be carried out without the vehicle or any part thereof being washed or otherwise cleaned the cost of such washing or cleaning shall be chargeable to the Customer as if the same had been specifically ordered by him.
12. If the Customer shall become bankrupt or insolvent or make any arrangements with creditors or suffer a receiver of his effects to be appointed or being a body corporate enters into liquidation other than for the purpose of amalgamation or reconstruction from the Retailer shall have the right to terminate any agreements with the Customer subject to these conditions and shall henceforth cease to have any further obligation under the contract and the price for all work done and goods and services rendered by the Retailer shall immediately become payable.
13. If by reason of the Customer’s instructions or lack of such instructions any vehicle or vehicles left with the Retailer for any Inspection Service or Retailer operation are not collected by the Customer from the Retailer within 7 days of the Retailer’s having notified the Customer either overleaf or otherwise that such operations have been completed the Retailer shall be at liberty to charge the Customer a reasonable daily sum for the storage of such vehicle or vehicles.
14. The work carried out as specified overleaf is warranted against faulty workmanship for a period of 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the date of completion of the work. This does not seek to affect your rights under common law.
15. No parts will be accepted for credit unless returned within 7 days of collection quoting the Invoice number. All new parts returned for credit shall, in the opinion of the Retailer, be in reasonable condition, of merchantable quality and may be subject to a handling charge. Goods specially ordered cannot be accepted for credit. This does not affect your right under Sale and Supply Goods Act 1994.
We, the company named herein and Volkswagen Group United Kingdom Limited, (the Data Controllers), will hold the information overleaf for sales, service and warranty purposes. Your information may be passed to other carefully selected third party organisations and we, or they, might contact you by mail or telephone to let you know about other products or services that might be of interest to you or you may be asked to participate in one of our customer satisfaction surveys. If you do not wish your information to be used in this way please write to our Marketing Manager at the address overleaf so that our records can be amended accordingly.