The Škoda electric range offers models to suit a range of lifestyles and needs. With their exceptional practicality, sleek design, and eco-friendly powertrains, these are vehicles that offer a superior driving experience while reducing the impact of motoring on our planet.
Types of Electric/Hybrid
ŠKODA has both plug-in hybrid and fully electric vehicles in its line-up.
Electric vehicles use a large battery pack, which powers an electric motor, which in turn propels the car. They must be plugged into an electrical source in order to recharge the battery.
The Enyaq iv currently has a range up to 340 miles, plenty for most journeys. However, there are lots of factors that affect a car’s range, including driving style, speed and the temperature outside and inside the car.
The fastest way is DC charging from a charger designed specifically for electric vehicles. Charging is a non-linear process - it takes just 36 minutes to charge a high-voltage battery from 10% to 80% capacity at fast-charging stations, but the remaining 20% can take about the same length of time.
Several factors play a role, particularly driving style, car care and adherence to prescribed maintenance schedules. Although, the guaranteed battery life of a Škoda is eight years or around 100,000 Miles. In the case of the Enyaq iV and Enyaq Coupé iV, the battery capacity is guaranteed not to drop below 70% of its original level during this time.
Electric vehicles such as the Enyaq iV require a service every two years, compared to hybrid and combustion engine vehicles which require a service every year.
In the case of our Enyaq range – very! A comfortable family SUV that with an electric motor rather than a combustion engine powering it, is much quieter in the cockpit and cabin providing a much more comfortable long journey.
No, that’s something you’ll never have to do again. Once you’re in, just press the brake pedal – and that’s it. The car is then activated, as indicated by a message displayed on the Virtual Cockpit.
Whilst some vehicles can be plugged into a regular domestic socket, charging this way does take a very long time. The faster, and more practical solution, is to have a home wallbox (charging pod) installed.
There are several brands of home charging pods available. At Station Garage, we have partnered with Ohme, a home ePOD which ensures you charge at the cheapest and greenest times. We would be happy to discuss which charging technology would be right for you. Contact us to find out more.
There are many free electric car charge points in the UK. Most supermarkets, shopping centres, car parks, hotels and service stations are fully equipped to offer charging whilst you wait. However it is always recommended to plan ahead.
You can find your local charging points by visiting https://www.zap-map.com.
Regenerative braking is a method of braking in which energy is extracted as the vehicle slows, then stored in the battery for use during acceleration. In the ENYAQ iV there are stalks beneath the steering wheel allowing the user to set the recuperation intensity.
Electric vehicles have many benefits. Not only do they help to reduce pollution, but they are also inexpensive to run and cost less to maintain than a combustion engine vehicle. Many come with advanced technology too.
Typically, electric vehicles cost between 2-4p per mile to run. Costs depend on your electricity provider and their tariffs, as well as vehicle use and adherence to prescribed maintenance schedules. (On average in the UK a petrol/diesel car would be around 40p per mile).
Click here to use the Skoda Electric Car Running Cost Calculator to calculate savings on transportation to see if an electric vehicle is right for you.
Yes – EVs don’t produce any CO2 emissions, and because they’re near-silent, they also help to reduce noise pollution.
PHEV stands for Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle.
A plug-in hybrid is a vehicle that is powered by a combustion engine in combination with an electric motor. This is powered by a battery pack, and plug-in hybrids must be connected to an electrical source for the battery to recharge.
The lifespan of a hybrid and electric vehicle are comparable. A hybrid vehicle requires a service every year, whereas a fully electric vehicle only requires a service every two years.
Routine maintenance is no more expensive on hybrid vehicles than on those running solely on a combustion engine.